School meals are cooked in our school kitchen by Caterlink, our catering contractor. There is a daily hot meal and a vegetarian option. Your child may choose to have school meals all week or on a selection ofdays - Wednesday roasts and fish and chips on Fridays are firm favourites.
The current price for a school meal is £2.70 per day. All lunches need to be paid for in advance, through the Caterlink online payment system: https://meals.caterlinkltd.co.uk/meals/sign_in
We do encourage you to take a look at the menu (below) with your child to see what meals they may like to try. If your child has a special diet, food allergens or intolerances, these can be accommodated and Caterlink would welcome a one-to-one meeting to discuss your child's requirements further.
Caterlink Lunch Menu
Please be aware that there will be an alternative menu from 2nd - 5th January 2024, to assist with deliveries in the New Year period.
Lunch Menu 2nd-5th January 2024
Please see the How to Pay leaflet attached below for further information.
Caterlink How to Pay information
All children in the Foundation Stage (Year R) and Key Stage One (Years 1 & 2) are entitled to Universal Free School Meals (UIFSM), providing them with a cooked school dinner every day.
If any of the following apply to you, your child may be eligible for Free School Meals (FSM). FSM status also provides additional benefits such as holiday vouchers. To see if you are eligible apply online here, or contact the school office for assistance.
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Your child may prefer to bring a packed lunch to school. All lunch boxes are stored on trolleys in the classrooms. It is therefore advisable to ensure that their lunch box is clearly named and to consider the contents carefully. To ensure your child’s lunch remains fresh and cool, particularly in the summer months, it might be advisable to include a cool pack.